You’ve seen those shiny bright new trade show exhibits. They are at any trade show or exposition you go to. They are like mini buildings in a mini city. How do you make a trade show booth?
- You need the convention center’s building standards and architecture blueprints.
- You need the convention center’s approved builder list.
- You get approval from the convention center to start building. (Normally requires paying the event organizer)
- You hire a trade show exhibit construction company that’s on the list.
- Get a list of designers they are comfortable working with.
- Select the gauge of the trade show truss you’re going to use.
- Approve designs and construction cost estimates.
Normally, a trade show exhibit costs about $300,000 to $700,000 USD for a two story booth made with 340mm truss on a 40m x 40m exhibit space.
If you don’t have that much money, you can always buy a used exhibit. Most companies only use their booths for a year. Such a waste.